Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday, Day 5

Today was so fun!

We went to Mamallapuram for the day to shop and go to the beach. There were some amazing ancient Hindu stone temple ruins with beautiful carvings. See pictures below! We went to some shops and a lot of the girls had salwars/chudidars tailored made. I picked the most beautiful fabric for mine. I will post a picture of me tomorrow wearing it. We also went to the beach. The water was so warm and the waves would have been perfect for boogie boarding.





Elephants carved into a hug stone wall. So beautiful.
This huge rock is called Krishna's butter ball. It looks like it is defying gravity the way it sits without tumbling down.
Look I'm holding it up by myself!


Awesome stone temple!
Admiring the view below.
I wish these pictures could better show how beautiful India is. It is breathtaking.
I love this sign. The yellow writing is exactly how they talk here :)
At Ideal Beach Resort, so beautiful and peaceful.
At the Bay of Bengal.
I saw so many beautiful things today, I wish I had a photographic memory. I have been trying to burn some images into my memory, I hope it works :) Although pictures are good substitutes, nothing is better than India, the real thing!

1 comment:

  1. Mk! I feel horrible for not reading this until today, it has been quite a busy week! However I want to say that I honestly kinda got teary eyed reading everything that you are doing. You are the most incredible, sincere, compassionate, understanding, smart person I have ever met in my entire life! I cannot imagine the amount of change you are bringing into these children's lives! There is a glow to you in all of your pictures, and if I can notice that in your pictures I am sure that they can notice that there is something special about you as you work with them. The greatest thing is that these children look just as bright as you. I love hearing that they are teaching you as much as you are teaching them! You're doing a wonderful job!! Keep up the good work Mk! I love you!

    -Sara Cabrera

    ReplyDelete