Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Monday, Day 7

construction again! It is hard work and today was especially long but so great. I have really liked working as a team with a great group of people toward a common goal.

Today we moved cinderblocks and gravel behind several houses. They are also being used to build the bathrooms. (This is me before I got super sweaty and dirty).
A view from the village.


We also moved a ton of bricks. We filled that little truck up twice with bricks and then unloaded it. I was super sweaty and dirty by the end but we finished the job and that was very satisfying.

On the way back to Rising Star we stopped at More Store, an Indian grocery store. It had a lot of American food but also some great Indian stuff. My new favorite thing is Maaza. It is a mango juice drink, soo delicious! I bought a one liter bottle for 55 rupees which is approximately $1 and a few cents! I also bought tomato flavored cheese balls minus the cheese that taste like tomato soup, yum!

Tonight at family time I told some of the boys stories. The Three Little Pigs, Goldilocks, cinderella, etc. One of the boys knew all the stories and helped me tell them. It was the cutest thing. I already know that it is going to be so hard to leave them.

No comments:

Post a Comment