Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thursday, Day 17

Today was super!

I switched with some people so that I would be able to go to the colony Moot tomorrow which meant that I was doing education again today. I was a little worried about tutoring two days in a row but it turned out really well. The kids were great and interested in learning and we had fun. During their breaks I played with the kids. I love that they can play and have so much fun with out any toys. I have never once heard one of them say, "I'm bored." We make up new games everyday. It is so fun to have relearned how to play :) I am grateful to have finished tutoring on such a happy note.

The kids line up for an assembly each morning.

Mageshwari and I reading about boats.
(Mom, I took some video of us for you).

Our hostel is decorated with some sweet elephant statues!

Flowers from our courtyard.
(This is for Hannah.)

I have been here for 3 weeks and today was the first day that I saw this awesome shadow.
I love it!

Some random photos, just fyi:
The view out of my window.
(You can just barely see the wall that surrounds the Rising Star campus.)

The squatter.
Not as bad as it looks. And it is kept very clean.

Bucket shower.
They are not bad at all, except that it is really hard for me to wash my thick hair (and I even thinned it and cut a bunch off before I came)!

This afternoon during play time all the volunteers had a water-balloon fight with the kids. The balloons were gone in 10 seconds so we started using buckets to drench each other. It was a lot of fun and the kids loved it.

Tomorrow is my last day at Rising Star and I am kind of really sad about that. I will miss these kids so much. Luckily there is a new set of volunteers coming on Monday to give them more love!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you showed us your plumbing facilities and the view out your window. It helps us see your surroundings in a very practical, functional and real life way. Thank you for your insights. I am appreciating things more because you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha No magazines for the squatter... My dad definitely would not make it over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete